Metchosin Community House is available for rent.  Please contact us for the most recent COVID 19 rules and restrictions for events.

A Great Venue

The Community House is a very suitable venue for a variety of functions and activities such as community meetings, workshops or private functions. The House can be rented for daytime, evenings, and weekends on a first come first served basis. 

The House features:

Booking Rentals

For available rental times please consult our online events calendar.  If a suitable space appears to be available then please call the Metchosin Community Association Office, which is located in the House, to confirm that time slot is available to rent. 

Once that is done then download the Rental Request Form, review the rules and conditions, fill in the request form, make a copy for your records, then mail or bring it into the office, with your payment* to make the booking.

*Please make cheques payable to the Metchosin Community Association

Rental Fees are very modest

The Metchosin Community Association is a non-profit organization relying mainly on membership fees, fundraising activities and house rental. All proceeds go to operating expenses for the Community House.

Your support is greatly appreciated. Please join us!

Serving Alcohol at Events

If you plan to serve alcohol at your event you must take responsibility to meet the following requirements well in advance of your event date.  It is the applicants sole responsibility to provide copies of the licence and insurance to the Metchosin Community Office no less than 5 days prior to the event.  Failure to provide the documents prohibits any serving of alcohol at the event.

Special Occasion Permit

If you are planning to serve liquor in a public place or sell liquor anywhere, you will need either a private or public Special Event Permit. To apply for a permit, please visit the BC Liquor Store nearest you.

If alcohol is to be consumed, parties must have a permit in place and a copy must given to the Metchosin Community Association 5 days prior to the event.

Serving it Right

Applicants for a Special Event Permit may need to complete the Serving It Right course to obtain a permit.  Serving It Right is a mandatory self-study course that educates licensees, managers and servers about their legal responsibilities when serving alcohol, and provides effective techniques to prevent problems related to over-service.

Special Event Permits are regulated by BC Government

General Liability Insurance

Applicants who are serving alcohol must carry general liability insurance including liquor liability in an amount no less than $5 million per occurrence including and which shall name Metchosin Community Association o/a Metchosin Community House as Additional Insured.  

The applicant shall provide a copy of the Certificate of Insurance evidencing the above noted insurance requirements to the Metchosin Community Association 5 days prior to the event.